Keely Herrick, Managing Partner focuses her practice on intellectual property law, including domestic and global trademark prosecution, clearance, opposition and cancellation actions, enforcement, and licensing as well as domain name disputes and copyright matters. Prior to her current position, she worked in the intellectual property department of Katten Muchin Rosenman in New York City and Parks Wood LLC in Atlanta. While at Katten, she received the firm’s annual pro bono award in 2008 for her work in connection with obtaining music licenses for the ballet company Dances Patrelle.
She has continued her passion for pro bono work in Atlanta an active participant and former board member of Georgia Lawyers for the Arts. She has been a board member at Actor’s Express and is currently on the Advisory Board at Out Front Theatre. She regularly provides seminars at museums, schools, business owners associations, and other venues on intellectual property matters. She is also a freelance writer whose work has been published in Creative Loafing and AXS.com.
Keely has extensive experience in the food and beverage and fashion industries, and some of her favorite past work experiences include legal internships at the BMG and EMI music labels and an internship in the writers’ office of the daytime drama “One Life to Live.” Please see her intellectual property blog on Linked In.
New York University School of Law
New York University College of Arts & Sciences
New York, 2003
- Moderator and playwright, Courtroom Drama Dramatic CLE, Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, February, 2019, February, 2020
- Intellectual Property attorney advisor, Start:Me program at Emory University, February, 2019, February 2020
- Trademarks and Copyright Basics for Business Owners presentation for Lilburn Business Owners Association, October, 2018
- Intellectual Property attorney advisor, Start:Me program at Emory University, February, 2018
- Trademarks and Toast presentation for Kirkwood Business Owners Association, April, 2017
- Panelist, Young Lawyers Division of the Georgia Bar Association, War Stories of an IP Associate, March, 2017
- Intellectual Property Law for Media Professionals presentation at College Media Association convention in Atlanta, Georgia, October, 2016
- Trademark Application Process seminar at Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, May, 2016
- IP in 3D, a discussion of 3D printing and intellectual property law, December, 2015
- Guest lecturer, Trademark and Copyright Basics at Emory School of Law’s TI:GER program, November, 2015
- Panelist, Social Media Club of Atlanta, “Crisis and Controversy,” September, 2015
- Trademark Prosecution Seminar- Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, March, 2015
- “Can My Murderer Drink Miller Light? A discussion on trademark use in American Pyscho” – Scrivener’s Quill Group, March, 2015
- Panelist, “IP Protection for the Fashion Industry” – The Museum of Design Atlanta, November, 2014
- Panelist, “IP 101” – The Art Institute of Atlanta, Decatur Campus, November, 2014
- Panelist, “IP 101” – The Art Institute of Atlanta, September 2014
- Panelist, “What You’re Worth: How to Protect the Intellectual Property Rights in Your Designs” – Museum of Design Atlanta, June 11, 2014